The SugarCRM Auto Increment plugin is the way to go for generating Unique IDs for records in the CRM system. The best thing about unique serial numbering is that you will be able to easily identify and classify the records within modules.
The Unique ID Generator plugin developed by the Outright Store is capable of automating the workflow by generating unique serial numbers for long lists of records. Another best thing is there will be no human error in serial numbers. It means the integrity of data will be of the utmost level. You can add padding, prefixes, and suffixes to generate more specific serial numbers for your records.
Features of SugarCRM Unique ID Generator
- Add Prefixes and Suffixes to classify records: The user will be able to insert prefixes and suffixes in the serial numbers. This will help in classifying the records to a greater extent. In both prefix and suffix, you can use alphabets, numbers, and special characters as well.
- Insert padding prior to serial numbers: With help of this plugin, the user can also add padding to the serial numbers. The padding character could be a numeric, alphabetical, and special character. Few common examples of padded serial numbers are 00000012, ********7535, ###483094, etc. Usually, these are used in industries where businesses need to distinguish different records based on their IDs.
- Choose a custom opening number for a list of records: If you want to start the serial number with 10000 then it is possible too through our extension. The plugin will let you modify the latest number of serial numbers in any records or modules within SugarCRM.
- Existing records will be prioritized: While generating serial numbers, the plugin will prioritize the existing records always. Only after assigning serial numbers to prior data, the plugin will work on newly fetched records. This will create a high-level consistency throughout the records in CRM.
- No repetition or any kind of error: There is no need to worry about the repetition of the serial numbers. We have tried and tested the plugin for long lists with thousands of records and there were no recurring numbers at all.
- Create Unique IDs for all SugarCRM Modules (Core and Custom): The users can create multiple auto-increment settings in the plugin each with a different configuration. You can create the serial numbers with prefixes for the Leads module at the same time you’ll be able to generate padded serial numbers to the Contacts module.